Marijuana use and driving is a subject that has sadly had little exposure in the media. Every year millions of dollars are put into countless ad campaigns trying to combat driving while under the influence of alcohol. The immediate efficacy of these ads is questionable, but one thing that is very apparent is that there is little to nothing being done in regards to the issue of driving under the influence of marijuana.
The popularity of marijuana both in the United States and throughout the world has led to a marked increase in the number of serious car accidents and fatalities caused by marijuana use and driving. One thing that is particularly alarming about marijuana use is the tight correlation between the drug and driving fatalities.
There are a number of things which are particularly alarming about the issue of marijuana use and driving. Some of the very sobering facts include:
* People who drive after using marijuana are nearly twice as likely to be involved in a fatal car crash how to use cbd oil in vape pen.
* Marijuana directly affects the central nervous system and reactions that are vital for safe driving.
* As the number of people who use marijuana recreationally increases, so do the number of fatalities on the road.
Marijuana affects the central nervous system in a variety of ways. Side effects of marijuana use include:
* Memory loss
* Distorted perception–such as with sights, sounds, time and touch
* Loss of coordination
* Severe paranoia
* Slowed functioning
* Trouble thinking and problem solving
Considering the previously mentioned side effects, it is not surprising that marijuana use while driving can be very deadly.
To find out more about marijuana use and driving, a marijuana possession lawyer can give you more information.